biasi 24s boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i could do with some advise!
I have a biasi 24s boiler with a issue.
the central heating works fine but the hot water seems to have a problem, sometimes it works but mostly doesnt, it clicks over as to light the boiler but doesnt get there.
I hav eordered a new diaphragm, but think it could be the temp sensor.
could some one advise me please.
regards

Sponsored Links
Look at the diverter....does the pin extend from the right hand end when the hot tap is used? If not the diaphragm is probably perished. Or perhaps the gland seal is leaking and damaged the microswitch?

Hello Gasguru,
please excuse my sever lack of knowledge here.
Do i need to take the diverter appart to see this? or can I see this from looking at the casing?
many thanks
and123

From memory i dont think the HW microswitch is visable as its located behind the gas valve.

FWIW you might aswell just replace the diaphragm. Takes minutes and the part is very cheap.

Sponsored Links
Ok i have a new problem, I have the warning light on now (after changing the diafragm, and I dont seem to be able to reset it?
any ideas on what ive done wrong.

It will only reset when the hot tap is turned on first!

However, that indicates a combustion problem and that will need a competent CORGI to fix ( assuming the yellow gas tap lever is vertical and the gas supply is present ).

Tony

ok, would I have caused a combustion problem by changing the diaphragm??

and also how long would i need to held the reset button for it to reset??
thanks for your help on this.

You could check that all three connections are in place on the top of the black and red ignition PCB box as you could have disturbed them.

You only need to press the red light or button underneath if older model for about one second but you MUST have a demand for heat, i.e. hot tap on.

Tony

well this is turning into a saga, :confused:

(as you have probably guessed I have abusultly no idea about boilers.)
almost back to where I started now,
I have central heating which is working fine on timer and on demand
I have no hot water on demand.
I do have VERY hot water when I have the central heating on, but the temp gauge goes very high almost 85?? then as soon as I turn the water tap off it drops quickly to 35.
Could this be a thermastat problem or something else.
I am working from this to try to sort it.
http://www.biasi.co.uk/pdf/S RANGE/SPARES/SDEC 2000 EDITION.pdf
http://www.biasi.co.uk/pdf/S RANGE/INSTALLATION/S1200 EDITION.pdf

Any further help from you kind people would be very much appreciated
Regards
and123 :D

If it does not respond to a demand for DHW then the diaphragm you say you fitted is not working or the DHW demand switch is not working or the diverter valve is jammed.

It seems to me that you have reached your limit.

Without telling us you have clearly reset the flame failure lockout.

Tony

Good afernoon Agile,
I think your right with my limit, but heres another question-
would the water pressure coming into the boiler make any difference if it drops lower than it normally is to the hot water flow ie will it stop the boiler from firing up???

thanks
and123

The boiler only needs a flow rate of 2.5 li/min and it will give this with about 0.2 Bar of pressure.

Tony

THANK YOU ALL!!!
thanks to all of you who provided advise regarding my Biasi Boiler.

I took the diapragm back out and put it back in (the original was split)
emptied the system and "purged" it (whatever that was) any way all is working great now and hopefully will stay that way.

again thanks fro your help.
and123

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back