Biasi 24S 'kettling'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, some backstory: last winter my hot water failed. Various local gas 'experts' wouldn't come out because they were clueless about Biasi and had tried and failed to fix this exact problem before. Eventually one of them gives me the number of this guy who knows what he's doing. He comes out the next day, replaces a 50p rubber diaphragm in about 20 minutes and charges me £70 for the privilege (expensive, but fair enough he fixed it straight away and he had a decent drive to get here).

Anyway, at the same time he says the boiler is 'kettling' a bit and needs some inhibitor and the PCB settings changed, and to get it done when the boiler's due a service. The boiler's now due a service.

Is this going to be something that a general boiler servicing chap is going to be able to do? Or do I need to call the same Biasi guy out again (or find a similar one at least)?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Burner pressures require checking.

If it kettles on hot water it could be a partial blockage in the plate heat exchanger (extra 30 mins to clean out) or replacement if really clogged. Often the boiler will sound like an aeroplane though.

Kettling on heating may just require heating output matching to the system load....5 minute job.

If it still kettles probably needs a new primary heat exchanger.

But there's plenty of other posibilities :)

The 24S is one of the easiest boilers to work on but you're best to find someone familiar with it.

It takes less than a minute to reset the PCB parameters.

You could try adding X200 to your system, that might work.

Few gas people seem to understand this problem. We always clean any scaled heat exchangers, total £180.

But you would not like us as we charge £106 for that "£70" job you had done. But we do a service and set the boiler up properly.

You really need a competent engineer, not always so easy to find!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back