Biasi Combi Boiler Model 24s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys I am new here.

My problem is that I have central heating but no hot water, if i turn on the hot water tap in the kitchen I get hot water for about three seconds and then it is very cold. I believe the fault started when it took ages for the hot water to come through the tap in the upstairs bathroom, eventually there was no hot water except for the kitchen tap, and now as stated, no hot water at all.

Any advice and opinions?

Need help soon

Stevie

Sponsored Links
Usually that's a rubber diaphragm failing or a shaft getting sticky because of a leak. ENgineer job but not huge.
Can't be more specific partly because Biasi did about 337 models all with 24S in the name...

Usually that's a rubber diaphragm failing or a shaft getting sticky because of a leak. ENgineer job but not huge.
Can't be more specific partly because Biasi did about 337 models all with 24S in the name...

Actually I think it was only about 57 varieties!

He will have the 24S made from 1997 to 2002.

As Chris says diverter valve failure!

Tony

I actually bought the boiler and radiators from B&Q in 2002.

I was told by someone that it may be a thermo sensor or diaphram, the thermo sensor job small and the diaphram a bigger job lifting off the boiler from the wall to carry out repair.

Thanks for the info guys.

Stevie

Sponsored Links
I actually bought the boiler and radiators from B&Q in 2002.

I was told by someone that it may be a thermo sensor or diaphram, the thermo sensor job small and the diaphragm a bigger job lifting off the boiler from the wall to carry out repair.

Stevie

I haven't yet had to take a boiler off a wall to change a diaphragm. :!:

Theres some I wanted to take a big hammer to though :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

boiler off the wall to replace diaphragm?? :?: :eek:

It sounds as if he is a cowboy and wants an excuse to charge himself over £150 !

A couple of days ago I saw an invoice for £179 paid for this firm to come out and identify a gas leak on a boiler caused by having no fibre washers in the gas tap, issue Warning Notice and turn the gas tap off ! No repair included! ( Also actually dangerous as there was no washer at the still live INLET to the gas tap )

I came and did the repair for our £84 which included tearing up the Notice and advising on how he could connect the room thermostat himself.

Tony

A couple of days ago I saw an invoice for £179 paid for this firm to come out and identify a gas leak on a boiler caused by having no fibre washers in the gas tap, issue Warning Notice and turn the gas tap off ! No repair included! ( Also actually dangerous as there was no washer at the still live INLET to the gas tap )

well, those horses ARE really expensive, not to mention real leather boots

The invoice claimed he had taken one hour five minutes to do what i could have done in 14 minutes.

Sad thing is that it only took me 25 minutes to do the repair. Mostly spent drinking coffee and appologising for the cowboy elements in our industry.

Did the cowboy really not have a couple of 3/4" fibre washers in the van?

Tony

Hey there's a cowboy in town and the sheriff of Diy tells me to steer clear, I have found out that he is really a spark cum plumber cum billy the kid who charges extortionate prices.....hmmm....I wonder why...a real sharp shooter I suppose.

Okay I gave in and bought gas cover from British Gas and paid the nine pounds monthly fee for the flexi 200 cover and the one off fifty pounds repair fee.

basically I pay the low nine pounds a month payment and pay fifty pounds to engineer for the actual one off repair.

I have a one week cooling off period, do you think it is a good deal?

My central heating system is five years old.

Stevie

so you pay insurance, AND you have to pay the guy for the repair?
search the forum for b/g service quality

Its the BG budget scheme. You pay £108 pa and then £50 per visit !

Probably designed to cut down the unecessary visits and charge more for the troublesome loss making systems and boilers.

We would charge just £106 for the repair that has been described in our local area.

Whats good value depends on how many faults you expect to have! A typical five year old boiler on a clean system which is kept topped up might fail once every 3-4 years with a repair charge ( at our prices ) of about £190 !

Tony

Sometimes having BG cover works out for people but mostly it doesn't. Remember they are only providing the service to make a profit, the same as any insurance Co.

They have an awful habit of telling people that parts are not available for their boiler as soon as it reaches its tenth birthday.Then they try and sell you another expensive set up!

Unless your boiler is a real heap of crraap most people would be better off putting the money in a building society account, even a Northern Rock one! They would get interest on the money and could just pull it out when the boiler packs in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back