Biasi Garda Plus 110 32SM/E*Update*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Gents.

I have a problem with the above which i hope you may be able to help with;

The boiler is not igniting. The 2 green lights of the 3 flash as they should, then eventually the red lockout light ignites.

So you have 2 outer greens, and the red on in the centre. Manual says "Lack of burner ignition"

The fan runs up ok, but just before ignition, there used to be a surge in fan noise then the burner would light.

This has happened suddenly, i drew hot water for a bucket full earlier on and it was fine, on going to have a shave, nothing. So before i begin to resemble Geoff Capes, are there any obvious areas to look?

Spark generator or igniton electrodes spring to mind, but life is never that simple....is it :confused:

The way it happened suddenly is confusing, all three glass fuses in the control board are intact, so not that i think.

It takes a fair while before the boiler goes to lockout (3-4 minutes) and pressing the reset just puts it through the same cycle.

I hope i have given a decent amount of information, but feel free to call me a numpty if not. Any and all assistance is genuinely appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You have not given the information I would like to have to properly advise you.

Firstly, you have not explained your involvement! Are the householder?

Did you install the boiler? Are you registered?

When was the boiler fitted and by who? Did the installer commission the boiler? Is the Benchmark completed? Was it notified to CORGI ?

If the conditions are met they are guaranteed for two years!

So just what is the situation!

Tony

Tony, thankyou for the reply.

We have recently moved in, (12 months ago) but on viewing were told a new boiler had not long been fitted.

The manual i refer to is downloaded version. Not sure of benchmark issue but would be fair to assume not, as i cannot answer in the positive.

A bit more information, the pin is activating the micro switch, and the red light on the flow sensor(?) comes on as soon as the tap is operated.

What is the serial number?

Do you have a working gas cooker?

Has it worked fine since you moved in?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Serial no is NO79390906 GB

It is the only gas appliance in the house, and has worked fine since we moved in.

5 radiators in the house, 2 doubles, it has performed without fault.

CH also does not ignite the burner.

The boiler is still under the guarantee based on the manufacture date of 0906.

However, one of the conditions of the second year is that the boiler is serviced after the first 12 months. They may or may not insist on that.

It is a very reliable boiler and the most likely cause is a lack of a gas supply. Have you checked the meter and that the yellow valve under the boiler is vertical?

I assume that it is not firing up at all, that would imply a lack of gas supply! If you are not sure then feel the flue outlet while it is trying and see if there are any bursts of warm air coming out.

Tony

The boiler was working this morning, no valves on the boiler have been touched.

You can feel the air coming from the flue outside, but it is cold. There are no gasworks in the street, so no reason to suspect supply shutoff. Through the inspection window, there is no evidence of spark from ignitor electrodes.

[Edit] Gas supply to valve confirmed.

In that case there is nothing more I can suggest that you can do as a DIY repair attempt!

You will have to wait until Monday and call the manufacturers on 0121 506 1350 and see if they will cover it under the warrantee. If not they will suggest who to call depending on exactly where you are located.

Tony

A few simple electrical tests led me to beleive it was the spark generator. New generator fitted today, job done.:cool:

£22 from Heating World, top sevice:cool:

Well done!

But that should have been covered under the manufacturer's two year guarantee!

Why pay £22 for something covered by the guarantee!

First time I have heard of the spark generator failing on that model!

Virtually all of them fail within weeks on the Viessmann 100 though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back