Biasi heating a koi tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: is this covered by the domestic gas regs or the fishing tank ones :LOL: :LOL: i just hope the flow and returns are all pushed and locked together on the plastic pipework.

come on guys anyone else got any weird stories of installs theyve been asked to do

Sponsored Links
timmy74 said:
:eek: is this covered by the domestic gas regs or the fishing tank ones :LOL: :LOL: i just hope the flow and returns are all pushed and locked together on the plastic pipework.

come on guys anyone else got any weird stories of installs theyve been asked to do

Install that and a chip fryer for the boiled koi

MMMM lubberly

My friend does not need any heating to his koi pond and says its not required ???

I am going there for dinner tomorrow so can ask him any questions on Koi keeping.

He also has banana trees in the garden too.

Tony

Agile said:
My friend does not need any heating to his koi pond and says its not required ???

I am going there for dinner tomorrow so can ask him any questions on Koi keeping.

He also has banana trees in the garden too.

Tony

where does he live Tony?

mind you with global warming he could be living in rekajvic

:)

Sponsored Links
Its actually in Hampstead !!! Thats NW London.

They are fairly hardy but there are koi and koi and I think if you are paying thousands for a single fish you are going to want everything spot on. I'm into marine reefs myself and the logistics of keeping it heated / chilled to within 1 degree are ridiculous (and very expensive!)

corgiman said:
where does he live Tony?

You asked and I told you!

Although he lives in Hampstead he only teaches gardening to handicapped adults so I dont think he will have any expensive fish in his pond. There are about 25-30 fish up to about 150 mm

Wife writes childrens educational books but they live quite frugally but they are very friendly and hospitable.

Tony

Agile said:
corgiman said:
where does he live Tony?

You asked and I told you!

Although he lives in Hampstead he only teaches gardening to handicapped adults so I dont think he will have any expensive fish in his pond. There are about 25-30 fish up to about 150 mm

Wife writes childrens educational books but they live quite frugally but they are very friendly and hospitable.

Tony

I know you did

why the anger

>????

I didnt ask again aftre my intial enquiry

im sure my friend/colleague/customer mentioned 8' or 11' as the required temperature for the koi to spawn. im doing this as a cash job for a mate im taking no responsibility for the JG flow and returns he's already installed i will be installing/testing and commisioning the combi to heat it and that is it ;)

One might wonder why it needs a combi unless the koi take hot showers!

You will also need a heat exchanger & Digistat to control the pond temp, if is a combi for the house heating & the pond it will need a couple of zone valves on it. you will be surprised how inexpensive it can be to heat if you stick to the ambient temp, the idea to heat a koi pond is to stop the temp fluctuating too much.

john

you lot may all think its funny / amusing, but you have obviously never met a koi keeper.

Having a boiler to heat the water is quite common.

you may like to see clicky

My Koi keeping friend was astounded to hear of anyone heating their ponds.

He says that they just go to the bottom when it gets cooler outside.

I was going to take a photo but forgot the camera. As I am going back shortly to take some sever year cabbage plants I might do that later with the banana plants in the background.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back