Biasi riva compact 24s NO HOT WATER !!

The diaphragm was mentioned by someone who does not know that your boiler does not use one!

The sensor was a fair but misguided suggestion.

A microswitch was probably mentioned by the same person why wrongly thought there was a diaphragm.

You can clean it if you know how or you can replace the plate HE.

You could clean or strain the system or just wait another 3+ years and do the same thing again.

Tony
Thank you.
The plumber just said it was the diverter valve.
The other suggestions I found were from people on this website who were having the same symptoms as me and the problem parts were diaphragms and temp switches. Also regarding you saying the boiler doesn't use a diaphragm,even the manual and other websites are saying there is a diaphragm. Anyway,I'm not here to argue with you.Thank you for your help and once again am I better off cleaning the HE and if so how or just replacing it?

You could clean or strain the system or just wait another 3+ years and do the same thing again.
Please explain.
Also I would like to add that all I was doing was yesterday trying to get confirmation from someone before I went down this route and you happened to be the first person to reply. As I said ,with different people telling different things and being let down by two plumbers I am getting a bit frustrated. I would still like your advice on cleaning or replacing the HE. Thank you

Sponsored Links
The diaphragm was mentioned by someone who does not know that your boiler does not use one!

The sensor was a fair but misguided suggestion.

A microswitch was probably mentioned by the same person why wrongly thought there was a diaphragm.

You can clean it if you know how or you can replace the plate HE.

Tony
Thank you.
The plumber just said it was the diverter valve.
The other suggestions I found were from people on this website who were having the same symptoms as me and the problem parts were diaphragms and temp switches. Also regarding you saying the boiler doesn't use a diaphragm,even the manual and other websites are saying there is a diaphragm. Anyway,I'm not here to argue with you.Thank you for your help and once again am I better off cleaning the HE and if so how or just replacing it?

Please explain.
Also I would like to add that all I was doing was yesterday trying to get confirmation from someone before I went down this route and you happened to be the first person to reply. As I said ,with different people telling different things and being let down by two plumbers I am getting a bit frustrated. I would still like your advice on cleaning or replacing the HE. Thank you
Also please confirm part number if needs replacing. I think it is BI 1001 101(Biasi) or E01-204(G.C ) and costs around £80. Thank you

From your symptom the problem is most likely to be the domestic plate heat exchanger which has become blocked on the primary side (not scaled on mains side). Boiler then thinks HW is satisfied (though proper heat transfer not taking place) and keeps prematurely shutting down.
Hello. Ias suggested I have changed the heat exchager but now the boiler won't fire up at all ! can you help please.

Please hear what you are being told! I know that all plumbers are thick but the people giving you advice here are likely to know more that you do about boilers!

Your plate HE is blocked but as far as we can tell the rest of the appliance is functioning correctly.

You need to clean or replace the plate HE.

As the boiler should be about 3-4 years old then its taken this long to get to this state so should be at least that long before it blocks again.

A power flush or a £100 Magnaclean or a £6 line strainer will remove or trap the debris in your system.

Tony
Hello. As suggested I have changed the heat exchanger but now the boiler won't fire up at all. Can you help please. Thank you

Sponsored Links
As suggeted I have now changed the heat exchanger but now the boiler won't fire up at alll. Can someone help please. Thank you.

Thank you to Nixt,Agile and Bengasman. I NOW HAVE LOVELY HOT WATER AND AM NOW GOING TO HAVE A NICE HOT BATH !! As I am a novice to this,in my excitement of fitting the heat exchanger and getting ****ed off with the little allen bolt on the right hand side and also cutting my fingers to shreds on the sharp edges removing the HE - I forgot to fill the boiler back up again DOH !!!!!!!
Thank you once again to you guys :{)>

Please hear what you are being told! I know that all plumbers are thick but the people giving you advice here are likely to know more that you do about boilers!

Your plate HE is blocked but as far as we can tell the rest of the appliance is functioning correctly.

You need to clean or replace the plate HE.

Tony

You see that we have to be a little firm to curb your wilder ideas!

These boiler faults are really quite simple and it pays to follow professional help.

You should read again about cleaning the system or fitting a filter to stop it happening again! Or just clean the old one ready to change it back in the future. Dont let it dry out deal with it now!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back