Biasi Riva Compact - Extrenal Thermostat Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Newbie here...
After trawling the Internet for countless hours and not having much luck, I thought I'd post my question on here and hope someone can help :D

I have a Biasi Riva Compact 32HE MK 2 (I think it might be turbo charged) and have installed a Salus RT500RF Programmable Thermostat.

I have removed the internal loop between Terminals 1 and 3 within the boiler (as indicated by the manufacturers instructions).
I have wired my thermostat as follows:
L (in) COM to Terminal 1 on boiler
SL (on) NO to Terminal 3 on boiler

I have wired the reciever unit as per the munufacturers instructions and have tested the connection between the transmitter and the reciever and they are paired up.

However the boiler does not fire up when the thermostat is calling for heat. I have disconnected the internal clock and re-connected it to see if might make a difference, but nothing.

Any suggetsions would be a great help. Also would anyone know if this is a 230v or 24v switching boiler as maybe I might have messed up the wiring pattern. Also, is the black wire in the middle of the terminal block in the boiler redundant or do I need to loop to it from Terminal 3 or 1.

Thanks

Yas

Sponsored Links
You seem to have correctly wired it up!

But then you have been fiddling with everything and that might even have damaged something!

Those connections are at mains voltage and potentially lethal.

The usual DIY problem is that they wire it up correctly and forget to set the internal time clock to constant!

Tony

It's working....

You were right Tony, I'd forgotten to set the internal clock to constant.

I reset the programmable timer on the boiler and then set the central heating system to be on constantly. Reset the Salus thermostat and it worked... :D

Thanks

Yas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back