Bifold door and a door contact issue!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a challenge for the mighty of you all!

I've dropped a 6 core for each set of bifold doors. I can't screw into the frame as it will stop the door from fully closing and think it will be the same issue screwing the other half of the DC on the moving parts of the door.

Does anyone have experience of using some strong glue or bond on metal door frames?

I'm using a honeywell viper as a shock and DC and hoping that using a bond or some sort of adhesive would do the trick!

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
We've used cyanoacrylate adhesive before but I'm a real fan of using some very short screws as well. If you need to use a cut-down self tapper, then do so! A couple of threads will help to stop the viper or magnet getting knocked off. You could always put a drop of glue on the threads, too...

Sorry Sparky I've not posted a picture yet - i've not been to the house this week yet, but will be there at the weekend (its a kind of new build!) and will snap some pics.

Thanks for the advice too eightytwo - i'm almost certain even a short screw will cause the door mech problems, plus the amount of money we paid for two sets of the bi folds, i'm scared to even open them at the moment!!

I think we'll try the adhesive.... I've got two texe Pet Pirs in the same open plan area, but have a feeling i'll be omitting them more often with the dog (labrador) so would feel comfortable with something on the doors!

Do you think some other shock sensors I can screw right next to the doors might work instead?

Sponsored Links
another question - electric garage door - i'm sure the supplier said the motor can give an open/closed circuit for alarms - could I wire the door on a DC, and then the motor on another zone to "zone omit" the door DC? I'm sure I read something about this (texe prem elite 24)

I think the garage door operator has a contact to open the door and a contact to closed the door?
A labrador mite be a bit too large for the texecom pet sensors ?
You may need to look a bosch tri tech for a larger pet sensor ?

Can't comment on the door as up to now no picture , but fitted a contact on a bi fold last week brown QST -RD. Magnet on door , contact on frame .....what's so hard about that .... No glue ....screwed on as it should be !

another question... - could I wire the door on a DC, and then the motor on another zone to "zone omit" the door DC? I'm sure I read something about this (texe prem elite 24)

You might be able to use the motor's contact to "shunt" the door contact - you'll have to look at the timing. If the motor's contact closes (goes short circuit) befor the door starts to open and opens after the door has closed, you could wire it in parallel with the door contact. This would mean that the alarm would not trigger if the door was opened by the motor. It is unlikely that the alarm panel will allow you to use one zone to shunt/omit another (I don't do Texecom panels) - do it as a "wired OR".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back