Big bang v creation.

Joe was stupid enough to mention that the universe started from a singularity with no substance (theoretical physicists would run rings round that theory,, creating the universe from nothing) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
(theoretical physicists would run rings round that theory,, creating the universe from nothing)
I suggest you google 'the ultimate free lunch'.

Sponsored Links
What's a singularity?
I'm sure Joe will be along sometime tomorrow, to let you know what a singularity is, after he's googled it. (specially those sort that have no substance)
Personally, I reckon he's been watching far too much Stargate. I hope the Zero Point Module he uses to power his computer, runs out soon. ;) ;) ;)

As far as I'm aware a singularity is a region of space time where all of the known fundamental laws of physics break down and have no meaning.
So I don't see how anyone can postulate what may or may not be inside one.

What does he say?

Joe is an argument bot... employed by DIYnot in order to increase throughput!! more replies = more advertising revenue !!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (there could be quite a lot of truth in that, (specially when you consider that Joe reckons we're all part of some computer holographic simulation) He probably thinks of himself as some sort of Neo. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As far as I'm aware a singularity is a region of space time where all of the known fundamental laws of physics break down and have no meaning.
So I don't see how anyone can postulate what may or may not be inside one.

Depends on the sort of singularity we're talking about,, Is it a gravitational singularity, it could be a curvature, conical or even a naked singularity. Or is it a 0 dimensional singularity, a 1 dimensional singularity or even a 2 dimensional singularity ?

Your choice (or should we leave it up to Joe to say which type we're talking about?) ;) ;)

I thought that we were talking about the singularity which Hawking amongst others postulated was at the beginning of time.
Whether that was a gravitational, naked, stripey or spotty one I've got no idea.
Have you?

I personally , don't have a clue as to what sort of singularity it was (here's a thought, can a singularity exist if there's absolutely nothing around it? (as postulated at the start of the universe) ) Joe will be back in the morning (after his fortnightly signing on) and explain exactly what type it was. (probably the stripey variety, he seems to be a stripey sort of character) ;) ;)

so once upon a time something was floating about in space,but that something came from nothing, and it went bang, and out of an explosion, and trillions of planets and stars and gallaxys appeared, and planet earth all in time was perfectly placed exactly to distance of sun,and rotated exactly,to course gravity,and all of a sudden oxygen,and an atmoshpere appeared,and a cell appeared,and doubled,surviving the harsh summers and winters,untill it turned in to whatever in turned into,becuase well it did it out of a trial and error,it might of first became a penis, becuase lets face it,it would not have much time to procreate before it suffocated whith no lungs.and we know allot of people got a penis and no brain. :rolleyes: so its a possible theory.

Sponsored Links
Back