Big load of Merlin Gerin MCB's...

Sponsored Links
They're secondhand. How is that ever a bargain? :rolleyes:

they don't usually wear out. Recycling is a noble profession. The lot includes some unusual ratings.

the used RCBOs are probably worth a tenner each to anyone who wants them but are not a common type. MEM RCBOs are worth more as you can re-use the RCD pod if you know how, and of course you test the RCD.

But I wouldn't expect anyone doing a pro job to fit second-hand stuff, the customer would be expecting new, and presumably paying for it. A maintenance electrician e.g. in an industial site or a theatre would keep a box of re-usable parts.

I sold a strip of MG MCBs on Ebay recently, only got one bid :(

A maintenance electrician e.g. in an industial site or a theatre would keep a box of re-usable parts.

Then only worth while keeping the correct make for the boards, most of mine are Square D (KQ or Qoe) or Moeller (not nicest stuff).
You can fit MG into a Square D KQ board (utlilsing spare clips) but imo they look out of place.
At work we keep a stock of correct size fuses in (BS88 fuselinks). Not a single MCB in sight!!

Sponsored Links
They're secondhand. How is that ever a bargain? :rolleyes:

As JohnD has said they dont really wear out. How much is a brand new Merlin Gerin 3ph mcb, £30?? This way if your customers are happy to have secondhand they can save a fortune.

Safety first, reliability second. No expense spared.

I hope they are not them fakes Spark123 posted a link about the other day :eek:

I hope they are not them fakes Spark123 posted a link about the other day :eek:

That reminds me if there type 2 , they are likely to be C45 range,
these were not CE marked , so are you allowed to still fit them in the uk?

Now you're all just being picky.

Surely if they're cheap they must be good. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back