Big Numbers today

Sponsored Links
171 today but includes a top up from earlier. Still more than all of europe according to a news item.

We have to remember that its not the day people died, but the date the death was reported. 171 is still 27% decline WoW. Importantly the infection rate is also dropping. The unfortunate backdrop, is global infections are rising consistently and any country who successfully locked down, will have its efforts erased once they open their borders. It really is a global problem.

Sponsored Links
and any country who successfully locked down, will have its efforts erased once they open their borders

I dont think they will , because those countries have effective test, trace, quarantine procedures in place and will be able to stamp out infection far faster.

those countries that successfully locked down wont be simply opening their borders.

I dont think they will , because those countries have effective test, trace, quarantine procedures in place and will be able to stamp out infection far faster.

those countries that successfully locked down wont be simply opening their borders.

Don't know about that, Victoria Australia has reintroduced lockdown, same in part of Germany, seems like this "problem" isn't going away anytime soon. I really can't believe the USA's response though, makes our look good in comparison (which it wasn't / isn't), but hey, you can't take a 'muricans freedoms away, including it seems the right to infect someone else with a potentially fatal virus, but then as we all know 'muricans don't value human life much.

Don't know about that, Victoria Australia has reintroduced lockdown, same in part of Germany, seems like this "problem" isn't going away anytime soon.

Yes, but the part where I disagree with Motorbiking is this: "will have its efforts erased"

Germany has effective test and trace -outbreaks will happen but they can be isolated with localised measures.

countries that did lockdown early and have developed test and trace wont have their efforts erased.

I hope I'm wrong. But my clients are gearing up for CoVid-19 2.0

Yes, but the part where I disagree with Motorbiking is this: "will have its efforts erased"

Germany has effective test and trace -outbreaks will happen but they can be isolated with localised measures.

countries that did lockdown early and have developed test and trace wont have their efforts erased.

Hmm, maybe.... whilst testing and tracing is an important piece, it's not the be all and end all.

Clearly best to reduce lock down on independence day. ;) Too much of a coincidence IMHO. Goes along with Boris's jet - that's in the hope that he gets TV coverage when he lands in where ever.

Comms have been mixed. Political message one thing medical people a little different. More emphatic about precautions at 1m.

Then there is the shielded people, now 2.2m and some muttering prior to the actual announcement about the 10m plus older people they asked to isolate. Be careful ???? The politics seems to want to forget about those.

Boris - the 2m is still with us but 1m if you can't. Masks mentioned again and several saying the 1m is usually associated with masks. Reports say they can cut distance spread to 1/3 of what it is without.

154 died to today.

A claim on TV lunchtime - tracking wont be really ready until Autumn. Pass but mentioned this has been stated.

covid deaths compared to other causes of deaths over time
(I dont know if its real or not but its interesting)

https://public.flourish.studio/visu...SBY7DQflf6-5XfdgS3hNW-WaCv09gD9Ah_uiN4-yXEqpk

actually I can see whats wrong -its the selective causes of death

they shouldve compared to these really (300,000 people drowned -hells bells thats a lot)

105294646_1644477265716264_8695352384825061732_n.jpg

Last edited:
It is a lot, but its this year.. those other issues kill those numbers every year. And in the UK atleast 50% of COVID deaths are people over 90 and 75% over 75. I'm not saying you should exclude them, but context is needed. I don't think people are realising that COVID deaths are still on the rise WW. We are in a bit of a bubble in Europe.

An interesting development here:

A couple of weeks ago there was an illegal party in one of the three most south-westerly council areas of the country.
Prior to this there were only five confirmed cases of covid in one of the areas; none in the other two.

Because of the party 2,500 people - presumably the people and their contacts - were tested.
The result was 111 confirmed positive but only a handful had any symptoms; none serious.
One of the ares still has no cases while the other two and another two to the east and north have obviously increased by the 111.

Without the party there presumably would have been no contacting and testing and the 100+ asymptomatic people would still be unaware they were infected and still be going about their business.

So, one wonders what would be the result were all the people on Bournemouth beach tested following their day out - or if everybody could be tested.

Last edited:
It is a lot, but its this year.. those other issues kill those numbers every year. And in the UK atleast 50% of COVID deaths are people over 90 and 75% over 75. I'm not saying you should exclude them, but context is needed. I don't think people are realising that COVID deaths are still on the rise WW. We are in a bit of a bubble in Europe.

Talking people who finish up in hospital. male only. Best I can do with the data they give now.
80+ 19,865 - 11,677 died 58%
70+ 12,941 - 5,799 died 44%
60+ 9,942 - 2,686 died 27%
50+ 10,375 - 1,279 died 12%
40+ 7,767 - 379 died 5%
30+ 5,862 - 98 died
20+ 3,840 - 37 died
10+ 690 - 15 died

Go back to pure Pillar 1 - 28th May
80+ 18,655 - 10,144 died 54%
70+ 12,200 - 5,202 died 43%
60+ 9,458 - 2,467 died 26%
50+ 9,977 - 1,177 died 12%
40+ 7,467 - 344 died 5%
30+ 5,606 - 85 died
20+ 3,645 - 32 died
10+ 585 - 12 died

What's missing is time on a ventilator for those that don't die.

Sponsored Links
Back