Good luck to the heroes!

Good grief. I agree with Roger.

They are 2, 3, 4km. from the entrance - depending which report you are reading.
After entering the cave and experiencing it, what possible reason is there to keep going?
They were forced further inside by rising water levels...

As mentioned, I have done some caving myself in the past and despite the best of intentions there is always a risk.

Sponsored Links
outstanding efforts.
Incredible selfless human beings. I have the utmost respect for people like those volunteer divers.

I mean who would go paddling around during a WC quarter final...(only kidding).

Those are the sort of people who deserve their accolades.

Didn’t you do stupid things when you were 11?
I wonder how many posters on here either have no kids or have completely forgotten what it was like to be a young boy. FFS, there is not a single bit of unexplored ground (dangerous or otherwise) within a mile of my hoose.

Last edited:
nearest i ever got to caving was going into rameses III (?????) tomb in luxor. A deeply interesting but highly unpleasant experience. I suppose being claustrophobic doesnt help.

Sponsored Links
It seems the caves are a major tourist attraction, both locals and from abroad:

The cave is one of Thailand’s longest and a major tourist attraction during the dry season. Visitors are usually only allowed up to 800 meters inside as the cavern has a reputation for being difficult to navigate.

I guess the caves are frequently visited. Not so wise on the cusp of the wet season.

It can certainly rain hard in Thailand, I got absolutely soaked in minutes in early May, although that was in the South.

Not those pampered (and erroneously called) 'heroes' kicking a ball around in Russia...

The rescuers who are starting the operation in Thailand!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44755452

Having been helped through a small sump in Swildons, I can appreciate only a small amount of the fear/trepidation that the boys will be feeling...

Fingers crossed they all make it out ok!

Good grief I never thought I would agree with any post you made BUT I'm with you all the way on this one.

There is now a delay while the team replace the oxygen tanks and time for the rescuers to rest.

I wonder if they will use the same rescuer team tomorrow.....

Fingers crossed there isnt enough rain to raise levels before they get the rest out.

There is now a delay while the team replace the oxygen tanks and time for the rescuers to rest.

I wonder if they will use the same rescuer team tomorrow.....

Fingers crossed there isnt enough rain to raise levels before they get the rest out.

They say they are containing the water well.

Sponsored Links
Back