Biscuit jointer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya folks.

I’m after a dedicated biscuit jointer, not a router bit, and want some recommendations.

Here’s the key point of what I’m looking for – it’ll be DIY only, so I don’t want to pay more than £50 for it.

All comments about what to look out for and any recommendation will be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
look on ebay,

my old 1 i bought new from screwfix yonks back iirc that cost me £50,it was a ferm model,adjustable fence etc,great bit of kit and ive still got it and still going strong.
im now using a dewalt (supplied by work)and it cost a fortune.

Thanks both, that’s good advice, as expected from the boards.

I’ve never owned a Silverline tool. I’ve always saved and bought middle range professional, but this time I know there’s no point in me spending the money.

Two quick questions:

Are Silverline any good?

What do I need to look for in a jointer – is it just wattage of the motor?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I have no experience of silverline tools to give any opinion, but would imagine the tool would operate satisfactorily if used carefully and was not forced, a sharp cutter blade and slow infeed would seem a sensible way to use the tool.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back