bit of advice plz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi peeps i know its not the done thing about asking for quotes etc,but myself and a colleague have been asked to price a fascia/soffit and guttering job,approx 36m of each basically 3 sides of the house and a smaller extension roof,we have got to remove the old cast iron guttering then overboarding the original fascia and soffit and replacing gutter with new,some down pipe quite a bit of faffing about round the windows(there set back)a couple of window shutters that will have to come down be cut and replaced and all this has to join and match with the neighbors its a semi which has already been done,and all this has to be done off of ladders,im after a few pointers we seem to think it will take 4-5 days to do all of this or are we way off the mark?any snippets of info t.i.a.

Sponsored Links
Measure it all properly and take your list to your local stockist. Once you know the price for all the materials, work out how much you both want to earn each day, add £100 for mistakes and extras and your'e almost there :)

The roof felt will be most likely rotten at the eaves and may not drape into the gutter. If so, some felt and board or plastic eaves tray will be required.

In any case, don't mess about up and down a ladder for 5 days. Get it scaffolded and do it safely and properly in a day and a half

Sponsored Links
thanx guys for the advice,we will have a chat with the customer and see if they want to pay for a scaffold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back