Bit of help needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my house guttering is next to useless. One of the biggest problems is that the main roof guttering on one side of the house goes to a downpipe that just opens onto the attached garage roof. The water flow just overwhelms the garage gutter. So I have rain water flooding over the garage guttering and getting into the garage. Is there anything like a side venting hopper that I could use which would take the rainwater from the roof downpipe and feed it into the garage guttering which I think I need to change to deep flow. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could you use some downspout to divert into the drain? Or at least into the garage downspout? Perhaps a photo may help.

Hi, the problem is that the only drain is at the far end of the garage. So all the rain water from the house roof goes down one drain pipe leading onto the roof of the garage roof. This then means not only has the guttering on the garage to deal with the rainwater from the garage roof, but also the house roof also.

Sponsored Links
Hi, the problem is that the only drain is at the far end of the garage. So all the rain water from the house roof goes down one drain pipe leading onto the roof of the garage roof. This then means not only has the guttering on the garage to deal with the rainwater from the garage roof, but also the house roof also.
So take the roof downpipe to the drain at the back

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back