Black and Decker Power Plane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate some advice on the Black and Decker Power Plane KW713 H2A I was given this model from a relative, but unfortunately no manual.

On the front is a dial with the Letter P and stops from 0 to 1

I recently planed the bottom of a door, but moving this dial seemed to have no effect on the cutting depth, or have I got this completely wrong ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly check if thwe planer knives are still in good condition and extend from the wheel to the edge of the base. The front sole plate holds the black knob and this sets the depth of cut, normally at increments of 0,5 mm.

Thanks for the quick response, and yes I can now see the front sole plate moving up and down as I rotate the wheel. The planner Knives are in excellent condition.

Once again thanks for the excellent reply............... :D

"P" is for "Park" - retracts the blades beneath the level of the sole plate so they don't get damaged when you finish using the device.

Sponsored Links
Is there an "O" for ouch when you plane the tips of your fingers off, (mate of mine did this when trying to rush a job :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back