pool power box transformers etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was looking at the pool power box, which looks like the following:

IMG_4426.jpg

Notice on the right transformer, all that rust and crap around the two fuses (in the transformer) - is that very dangerous??

Also, the lights havent been working for ages - a while back they did turn on properly, but since have not. Perhaps the fuses in one/both the transformers have blown???

That black fuse switch bottom right is the main one for power to the box, the white one is for the lights, and the two black ones above that I think are circuit breakers for the two lights (underwater 32v pool lights this is).

The timer on the left there (black box with green and red pieces and the dial), works in that if i manually turn the dial, when it hits the red piece the power is stopped to the powerpoint below it, and likewise when it hits the green piece the power comes on. BUT, the actual dial doesnt turn - ive set it on say 12 o clock, come back in a few hours - but it hasnt moved. Would anyone know what would cause that??? The motor inside that turns the dial has gone ??????? Be good to know anyones opinions.

Thanks,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Hi Andrew
looks like quite an old installation you have there. I would suggest getting it tested by a qualified sparky. Are you in the uk ? the sockets look european.
as the lights once worked and have since stopped, you really need to know why, replacing the fuses could put a fault back on the circuit, a full test should be carried out.
The timer motor does seem to be blown.
The whole supply to the box should be supplied with a RCD
regulations have been tightened over the last few years regarding pools, and also the technology of safety devices has improved.
better safe than sorry where water and electricity are present.

oops, didnt spot that.
will the water fall out the pool if it's upside down :rolleyes:
you will need to check what your local building/electrical regulations are with regard to testing and safety of pool installations
safety first with pools, ask a local sparky

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back