Black&Decker circ saw bits missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a working circular saw off a removals guy and missed the fact that its missing blade retaining washers/screw.

Saw is PL40 like this here:
http://www.toolsandpartsdirect.co.uk/Black--Decker-PL40-Type-1-Circ.-Saw-Spare-Parts__p-1704.aspx

Parts missing are 28, 29,30, 33 according to this diagram. NO ONE have them in stock (online at least). B&D side themselves list it as "not available".

The screw (33) is not a problem, matched from some other bits i had kicking about, but the rest...

Could someone check if i can get compatible parts for this saw ?

Funny thing, saw is made in West Germany, not china, and i still cant get any parts...

The shank is 16mm with two sides cut off, with a screw hole in the middle.

Any help here ? Or did i waste 10 quid on otherwise a good saw ?

P.S. I cant seem to find the "type" of this saw. there are three types - 1, 6 and 7. mine doesnt display any at all. sticker print is PL 40 C, DE5, 8844-H...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have you looked on the Einhell sites to see if the parts you want are listed.
B&D along with a few other companies have their names on equipment covered by the Einhell group.
I managed to find some parts for a B&D chainsaw that B&D did not list as available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back