Black plastic water pipe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

MY main stop tap that is inside my house has 15mm on one side and a black plastic incoming water feed.

I have found out the balck pipe is imperial, I need a new tap as the handle is missing.

I can not find a plumber that has a tap that will fit the black pipe.

What can i do??

ANy help appreciated
Wayne

Sponsored Links
I have not found anyone that sells a imperial to metric convertor for the black pipe( simaler to the blue)

Any suggestions were from?

Wayne

I was lucky a few years ago when I had a similar situation with a stopcock that was about 25 years old. There was very little plastic pipe out of the concrete and it was best not disturbed. I removed the tap head from the stopcock and took it to the PlumbCentre. The guy in there found me a stopcock with the same thread so I fitted the new head to the old body.

Sponsored Links
twenty quid ill sell you one at that price :LOL:

actually rereading my first post they are easy to come by where i am we have loads of the stuff here :)

if it the same as one i did some weeks ago...they do sell them..it worked out to be a 17mm to 15..compression converter..u'll need a sleve for inside the black pipe.
u could always consider leaving the stop tap where it is and fit one (15mmx15mm)just up from it (with a new drain valve above)???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back