Black shiney kitchen Gloss worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive put this in this section as cant find any other it fits with

I'm thinking of buying 'black laminate kitchen top' and trying to fit it, is it true it stains and stracthes easily, and also any one know where to buy plain black shiny kitchen worktop gloss finish.

Also how to cut the top to fit the sink, etc,,, how to measure around the sink ? etc to fit the laminate top and any general tips would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Don't buy it. If you want black get matt, don't get the shiny ones though.

Lots of questions/answers on here already about fitting worktops. Have a browse through this section (wood/carpentry)

if you have kids or pets
if you have a sink
if you like cleaning several times more than nessisery then get a gloss black worktop

if you also plan on cooking i would avoid the gloss black worktop like the plauge as this will triple the above cleaning regime :D :D :D ;)

I must admit it sounds very funny, this black shiny worktop thing, people really don’t want to use it, it is odd that manufactures make these things to look good for the shop knowing that they will actually be used, I don’t think we all live in a shop ( well I don’t).

Shame coz black top and other items say in orange and other colours in the kitchen would look very good ( contrast) with a black plain top shiny worktop.. Umm

what about some other form of work top but in a artificial material, modem ( Spanish style or Italian or Japanese etc) bargain bargain bargain, but wearable any ideas, in black, orange of aqua.

Sponsored Links
get black but in matt/normal finnish its the high gloss thats the problem :rolleyes:

Avoid the "gloss worktop" if you can, They are put into show homes to give the impression of luxury and grandeur,and to imitate marble / granite.
In my last job i was called out hundreds of times to "fix" scratched worktops.
It was so bad that Bellway Homes North East pulled them from their developments and replaced them with the matt mottled effect.
So, unless you want to live the show home effect them i would recommend you steer clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back