Black high gloss worktops ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just yesterday had some brand new black high gloss worktops fitted. Now that they are fitted and my spot lights are bouncing off them I can see scratches on all on the worktops in circles. I understand these can scratch very easily and are hard to maintain but do they come with some marks on or are these faulty. It looks like a buffing pad mark so thought I would check before calling supplier ?

Sponsored Links
I would call them before doing anything, they are under a guarantee and you could invalidate it.

I would call them before doing anything, they are under a guarantee and you could invalidate it.

before doing anything, they are fitted. Can I not know do anything. You could not see it till my spot lights hit them.

So tell them that.
Its up to them to decide the correct course of action.

Sponsored Links
I've always hated high gloss worktops for this very reason. They mark far too easily and show almost every little blemish. When fitting them, you have to be extra careful to protect the worktop surface from everything. ;) ;)

Is there ment to be any marks on what so ever like circle marks where they have had to buff the laminate to get it glossy ?

Well you would have thought so, after all you did buy high gloss did you not?

You called then yet, some say faults have to be notified within 48 hours.

Well you would have thought so, after all you did buy high gloss did you not?

You called then yet, some say faults have to be notified within 48 hours.

I have not called them yet just wanted to see if high gloss have circle marks on before I do ? Sorry did not get your post did you mean you would of thought they should ?

FFS asking here wont fix the problem.
High gloss = shiny finish not marred with marks

Call the company ask them.

I said from the start ring the suppliers, anyone would, not go to a web site.
If this was 4 years down the line, some would have even looked for "finishing " compounds for you or such like. But this is just installed and your clearly not happy.

Your given reasonable answers and still push on.

Call them, get them to sort it.

No high horse here, just common sense.

And good luck,

Really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back