Black thick walled water pipe?

Have never tried to squeeze off alkathene, I hate the stuff, I have a squeeze off but dont think I would use it on the shyte

Sponsored Links
I was going to the other day, but thought feck it... Just do it live. Whats the worst that could happen?

Well.... Even though it was only 2 bar, I had 20 metres of 32mm MDPE downstream which was valved off. So a nice big slug of compressed air in the end... Which made a pretty impressive fountain when I decided to take the transition coupling off again to double check the insertion depth :LOL: Good job the trench was deep :D.

Last edited:
That's been tested plenty already this week.... Unreal I tell you.

"Tilers are in on Monday"...

"We need to fit the Grohe boxes for 3 showers and a bath"

"Do that after the UFH is layed"

"Eeeerrrmmmm....."

"Shower trays are being delivered some time Friday"

"eeeeeerrrrrrmmmmm......"

Still the UFH looked nice :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That's been tested plenty already this week.... Unreal I tell you.

"Tilers are in on Monday"...

"We need to fit the Grohe boxes for 3 showers and a bath"

"Do that after the UFH is layed"

"Eeeerrrmmmm....."

"Shower trays are being delivered some time Friday"

"eeeeeerrrrrrmmmmm......"

Still the UFH looked nice :LOL:

Is the place weatherproof yet? :whistle:

Not had a chance to look at them yet, but at least they're better planned. Ongar was always a last minute thing. I have been learning some subtext though.

Oh - they wanted UFH on the landing too. But didn't tell until after I had run all the top floor. Had a bit of rethinking to do. Other than that - our plans worked out spot bloody on metre-age wise. I tell you though... Laying those two floors on my own nearly broke me psychically :LOL:

Does it look like this:

View attachment 125857

There are Plasson fittings that are made for the black, the most common size is called 1/2" but it's more like 22mm. I've seen joints on it that are 22mm compression fittings. When we repair the black we use these:

View attachment 125856

That's the one yeah!

Just having a look at the fittings, so much choice.
Does look like it could work? Im trying to find a connection where I could black pipe to copper or plastic water pipe for in my garage but the one below I could connect to a small piece of blue mdpe and then I can get the fittings more easy.

http://www.drainagecentral.co.uk/MD...c_uly1zHpeu03_DOoCsdHirCQpzq6_6caAnqVEALw_wcB

Cheers for info

Those ones aren't as good. We use those for lead and steel.

Where abouts are you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back