Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 1889)

Facebook was not open, Hotmail in chrome was. FB was open recently though in separate tab but closed prior to opening hotmail.
Anyone use any type of layout mod on FB like Pagerage ?
Game I play ( World of Warcraft) account was frozen due to too many attempts at the PW

Sponsored Links
I decided to register here because of this thread. I've been experiencing the same problem only it seems maybe, at a more advanced stage.

I too was on Hotmail surfing with Chrome, AVG popped up with a message, I was careful (i thought) not to download anything and searched immediately for what this alarming sounding software was. Blackhole Exploit Kit is a Russian created Crimeware program sold for up to $1500.

Since then, things got wacky. i can no longer use Chrome (it gives an error message). I tried a scan with Malwarebytes and it wouldn't initialize, so I attempted to reinstall it. Something blocked the install in both regular and safe mode. I tried a few other suggestions on other forums, I tried Spyware Doctor and that would not install. No dice, Blackhole is bad mojo.

This thing must be spreading fast as when I googled it a few days ago I got a very limited number of hits, today I got several pages!

I won't post a link, but symantec have an article about this which I found via CNET. Didn't understand most of it, but seems this blackhole is a trojan?

I suggest we all be vigilant and continue to scan pcs and ensure any malware/anti virus progs are kept up to date :)

I spent a solid 5 hours last night working on cleansing out this Black Hole. I'm just going to re-install, never been on the front end of one of these problems. I'm giving up on Chrome too.

Sponsored Links
Recently the System Tool virus spread via advertising on ebay, but it could pop up anywhere. Best off using Firefox with AdBlock Plus, Ghostery and NoScript installed. Obviously be aware that for some sites to work you need to allow them to in NoScript.

Anyone who suspects they might be infected should run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

@wretchedtard

If you want some pointers I could help though you'd need to start your own thread.

How ironic, I hit a link to come here and read new posts, and guess what popped up?????

At least AVG is blocking the threat :)

ive not seen it pop up lately avg seems to block it but does,nt tell us about it very strange

I've been made mad by this trojan. It affects me when my wife types on her computer it appears on mine; in Word, IE, anywhere my cursor is. I have reformated her hard drive. and I have disconnected her for our wireless router and it still happens. Spoooky. We must be communicating machine to machine; both are Toshibas. Ran Spyware and AVG with not help. SpyNoMore found four trojans. Looking for a sure fix before I pay. Anyone have a fix which will work? I'll pay to get this nightmare gone.

Spynomore sounds like a scam "antivirus" program that makes stuff up to con the user into paying for a version to "remove" the infections.

I could be wrong but google it and make up your own mind - chances are you don't have the virus.

I've had numerous alerts about the blackhole (not in the past couple of days) but I've scanned the machine three times now with different scanners and its all clean.

I have got the same problem.

AVG found it. I cancel it. AVG found it again.

COuld be fake warnings? Other antiviruses I am using do not find it.

but in the meanwhile i am experiencing (also) google results redirection to fake pages.

I am using Firefox.

Help meeeeee

I have the same avg pop ups. Last week I got hit by fake av, this is why I now have avg security toolbar. My malwarebytes , eset , and hijackthis would not run or update. I found combofix while looking for answers , ran it, followed the on screen directions and it found a rootkit among other little nasties. I forgot to mention the never ending re-directs , took about 15 min all back to normal.Cant prove it got everything but I feel much better. Combofix saved me from another format fiasco. Good luck

Sponsored Links
Back