Blair Charities

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When Blair steps down,I read that he could make as much as £22,000,000
doing speeches in the USA.and being on boards of directors on various companies.Would it not be fair if he sets up a charity in which he puts some of the money he is going to earn talking about the war on terror?

I know some of you here are going to say if you join the Army,you take your chances.Too bad if you get killed.And that is true.But I think of the families that are left behind,the wives,the kids.Blair is going to earn a mint in the republican states talking about the war.I just think he should give some back.I bet he won't.

Sponsored Links
That Thatcher woman pocketed quite a bit of money from the Cigarette firms, that kill lots more people than wars do. Didn't see her handing it out to the crippled or dying.

True JohnD.That is why they are rich.I don't think she gave any to the wounded falklands servicemen.Please correct me if I'm wrongI do remember loads had to sell their medals to make ends meet.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
That Thatcher woman pocketed quite a bit of money from the Cigarette firms, that kill lots more people than wars do. Didn't see her handing it out to the crippled or dying.

That'll be quite a fitting epitaph for Blair - 'About on par with Thatcher'

Actually, even that's not true. With Thatcher, even if it looks bad from this distance, she did deliver exactly what the people who voted in wanted her to deliver, whereas Blair has delivered the exact opposite of what all those wide-eyed and excited people thought they would be getting back in '97.

Back