2nd Iraq war

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From the CNN News

"Terrorists are coming and pouring in from various countries into Iraq to try and undermine the situation in Iraq. They're coming from Afghanistan, Pakistan, from Europe, from Morocco, from Syria and so on."

"Iraq is on the front line of fighting these terrorists. And, God forbid, if Iraq is broken or the will of Iraq is broken, then London would be a target, Washington will be a target, Paris will be a target, Cairo will be a target, as we have seen in the past."

But former British foreign secretary Robin Cook, who resigned from the Cabinet over the Iraq war, disputed that argument.

"There were no international terrorists in Iraq until we went in," he told The Times newspaper.

"It was we who gave the perfect conditions in which al Qaeda could thrive."

My 3 mates just have been called up, 1 from the army and 2 from the TA to go back to Iraq because it's so messy and more army are killed daily since the war ended.

I bet Blair wishes he never took us into this illegal war specially without the UN backing.

As I said before war do not do anything & I'm ashamed to be British.

Sponsored Links
hell of a statement to say your ashamed to be british. you should be proud you have mates who are prepared to put their lives on the line to protect your freedom!

I'm proud of my mates but none of this needn't happen if we didn't go this illegal war in the first place. There are more people killed after the war than in the war, when is all this going to end ???? If Iraq threaten the UK then I understand.

The people that are doing the killing there now are the same that flew those planes into those buildings...or did you forget?. Oh and by the way oops.we got it wrong.Saddam Hussein was a really nice guy and did not kill thousands in his country...... It is time to stand up and be counted

Sponsored Links
You're entitled to your opinion and I have no problem with it because we could talk all night ;) The problem go back many years ago even me, you & others would never understand what has been going on behind our back, they only tell you the half of truth.
I've read that the American used to sell Mustard gas and weapon to Iraq !!!!and we are just as bad, like I say all this go back many years ago.

Vernon Coleman has written some interesting point, disagree or agree, see here and click onto politics regarding " Why The World Doesn't Much Like America ".
Some other good stuff there...

people going over and over and analysing what has happened need to wake up and start helping to deal with what is happening. this is different, this is not about money or land it is about hate and being fanatical. people go on about oil and everything else economical, but it boils down to fanatics who believe that ALL westerners are evil. After listening to your argument it sounds like you defend the attrocities caused by these fanatics but everything that the US and UK are doing to combat it is wrong. Well like i said at the beginning, stop being a part of the problem and tell us all what we should do ;)

........prepared to put their lives on the line to protect your freedom!

Grow up! These guys may be in a very dangerous situation, but claiming they are putting their lives on the line to protect our freedom is accepting Bush and Blair told the truth, and these guys believed every word they said.

.....fanatics who believe that ALL westerners are evil.

Unlike the fanatics around the world who believe all Muslims are evil?

After listening to your argument it sounds like you defend the attrocities caused by these fanatics but everything that the US and UK are doing to combat it is wrong.

You can read into things anything you want to see, so it seems. Instead of presuming on other peoples positions, why not just camly reason your own. Then you might sound worth listening to.

Well like i said at the beginning, stop being a part of the problem and tell us all what we should do

I don't know how you have the nerve to make such accusations, oh great and knowledgable one. (Bow, scrape, arslick)

oilman said:
........prepared to put their lives on the line to protect your freedom!

Grow up! These guys may be in a very dangerous situation, but claiming they are putting their lives on the line to protect our freedom is accepting Bush and Blair told the truth, and these guys believed every word they said.

.....fanatics who believe that ALL westerners are evil.

Unlike the fanatics around the world who believe all Muslims are evil?

After listening to your argument it sounds like you defend the attrocities caused by these fanatics but everything that the US and UK are doing to combat it is wrong.

You can read into things anything you want to see, so it seems. Instead of presuming on other peoples positions, why not just camly reason your own. Then you might sound worth listening to.

Well like i said at the beginning, stop being a part of the problem and tell us all what we should do

I don't know how you have the nerve to make such accusations, oh great and knowledgable one. (Bow, scrape, arslick)

Hear hear, Jasy you don't know the half of it and neither do most of us. So stop making stupid accusations about those whose opinion differs from yours. :mad:

A neutral comment from our Swiss contingent, Studders, there ;)

These things are never simple, polarised situations. There is always blame on side A, on side B. We can always look back and say "If we had done things differently we could have avoided the problem", but then hindsight is 20:20.

About who sold what to whom: in 1776 what was to become the US and the UK were enemies. France was the US' biggest ally (who d'ya think gave them that big garden ornament of the lady with a book and a torch in New York?). I bet that at the time British cannon-merchants were scorned for having equipped the colonies prior to the hostilities.

Yet now Bush and Blair now sleep in a big bed together like Morecombe and Wise. Things are friendly. It isn't too strange a thought to think that in 200 years from now there will be peace in the Middle East, and if there is trouble it will be in, who knows... Australia even. Perhaps there will be a move for Tasmanian independence, and they will start unleashing Tasmanian devils in Canberra to terrorise the locals.

Of course I would hope by then that we would have figured out a way to have a single united planet with the right of free movement for everyone, an end to hunger, poverty, solved the problems of overpopulation, democracy that works for everyone (none of this forcing it onto people because that's what has worked for us).

oilman and studders i have a good point of view having served there!! It's people who do NOT understand what is going on who do not have a point of view worth listening to..........take it from the horses mouth you both don't :D

Just peeped out of the bunker in time to see, Lord Lucan, Elvis and old Bob Maxwell three up on Shergar .... going a fair gallop !! ;)

jasy said:
oilman and studders i have a good point of view having served there!! It's people who do NOT understand what is going on who do not have a point of view worth listening to..........take it from the horses mouth you both don't :D

Ah right I see. Having served there you know the whole of the ins and outs of WHY you were there Therefore what you say is the only valid viewpoint worthy of consideration. I will bow out, giving no further worthless altenative view, in the face of such overwhelming inside knowledge. :rolleyes:

Even the sarcasm was given with a struggle. You say i force my point of view...............unfortunately you cannot see that you do as well..................thanks for giving me your wealth of knowledge, i am humbled :rolleyes:

I believe this post was originally about the propaganda surrounding recent hostilities and the possibility of future hostilities.

A war is where old men send young men in an attempt to solve the problems they couldn't. So, the only way we could know our reasons for war would be to actually be Tony Bliar.

Thus, none of us know. We can hypothesise and discuss, but none of us have anywhere near 100% certainty. Apart from in the fact that Bliar and Bush-lit wouldn't have been in favour of a war if they had to go and fight on the frontline.

In my opinion, war is only an option when all other approaches have failed. We pay our politicians to take these other approaches. We don't pay them to make war. War can be justifiable in certain circumstances, but until Big Ears Puffy Hair can demonstrate to us, his collective boss, beyond doubt, HOW he was acting in OUR best interests, it remains unjustified.

AdamW i really do appreciate your point of view. It seems a shame that a good spectrum of ideas, thoughts and experience goes to waste by individuals (you know who you are) saying that everyone else, i.e. me, is wrong. Look at me feeling sorry for myself.......NOT :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back