Blanking cap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if its possible to get a 32mm solvent weld blank plug to cap off the 32mm inlet on the left?

Lots of push fit available but would prefer solvent welded if possible.

Looks like something may have been solvent welded to it in the past and removed

Sponsored Links
No idea if that boss connection is "as designed", "butchered" or "bastardised".
Looks like there's a rubber "ring seal" internally from what I can see so, no it can't be solvent welded.

No idea if that boss connection is "as designed", "butchered" or "bastardised".
Looks like there's a rubber "ring seal" internally from what I can see so, no it can't be solvent welded.
Cheers

I think it's designed like this but there is some sort of glue around the outside.

Will get a pushfit cap or replace the whole thing

Sponsored Links
simple thing to do mate , you get many manufacturers, if you can get another Marley one stick with that, if not , just get what fits

tried that access plug but its a loose fit.... the OD of the plug is approx 40.5 but the ID of the boss socket is about 43mm....
not sure if thats something marley did to only make their parts compatible with each other.

Anyway i found one of these that seem to fit
https://www.selcobw.com/40mm-solvent-weld-access-cap?colour=1000

Its designed for solvent weld but the OD is the same as the old pipe that came out of the boss and it seems to provide a tight push fit.
just need to give it a test to make sure it doesnt leak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back