Solvent weld coupling that goes INSIDE the pipe?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a solvent weld coupling or adapter that fits INSIDE 32mm ABS pipe?

Basically this,
pvc-fitting-315-internal-coupling-intspigxintspig.jpg
except that's American and PVC.

If I am to simplify my waste pipe run so it doesn't look like a dog's dinner, I would need to cut off the existing solvent welded pipework at a point where there would no longer be anything left to attach a new fitting to, unless something like the above existed... but I can't find such a thing :(

Sponsored Links
Just use normal joiner! At best its a potential blockage point.

*Edited to add that I hadn't read the last line correctly and assumed you wanted to it for neatness only.

Daniel

I'll have nothing for a normal joiner to attach to, though... will post some pics later if I get a chance.

I don't think you will get one and anyway it will create a point for hair etc to catch on causing blockages.

But if you simply must cut the pipe flush to the wall you MIGHT get away with slitting a piece of pipe to remove a thin strip then close up and push into a piece of pipe.

IF you can get it right you might be able to remove it and coat the cut edges in solvent and coat the outside and push it in to make one half then coat the other side liberally shove it home making sure the slitted section is at the top and cross your fingers ;)

Sponsored Links
Nah, I won't cut it if I have to bodge it - I'd rather live with an unsightly pipe run than a leaky one!

It's only for a cloakroom washbasin, so unlikely to see much in the way of crud getting washed down it - but I take your point about the internal lip.

I don't think you will get one and anyway it will create a point for hair etc to catch on causing blockages.

But if you simply must cut the pipe flush to the wall you MIGHT get away with slitting a piece of pipe to remove a thin strip then close up and push into a piece of pipe.

IF you can get it right you might be able to remove it and coat the cut edges in solvent and coat the outside and push it in to make one half then coat the other side liberally shove it home making sure the slitted section is at the top and cross your fingers ;)

Hmmmmm
I think I've been to some of your jobs!

OK, here's a pic. I wanted to cut the top section of waste pipe away where the red line is.

I could then have rerouted the pipe to make it easier to box in, or at least change it for chrome so it looks a bit smarter and box the lower portion in.

One thing I did think of, was whether you could get fittings that go over the top of fitting collars; I doubt that even more than finding an internal coupler, to be honest.

Is it not possible to gain access on the other side of the wall so that you can replace as required from the floor up?

The other side is behind kitchen units, so not readily accessible without pulling the backs out of those. More hassle than it's worth really, just for me being picky about piping ;)

Juat wondering I don't have any to hand a present to try but if you are boxing in suppose you cut the elbow above the tee leaving the outer part of the socket might a 40mm compression elbow fit on to it? Then drop back to 32mm again to connect to the basin.

If you cut the socket of the bend vertically without damaging the pipe its stuck too, you can peel the socket off and weld a new one on :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back