HELP with pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Hi

I hope you can help.

After removing and old toilet (old fashioned high up cistern) and the surrounding walls
that went into the utility room I was left with a 110mm soil pipe which runs parallel to the wall,
in a horizontal position - the problem is, this pipe is 50mm 'proud' of this wall.

i.e. the distance from the nearest edge of the soil pipe to the wall is 50mm.

This soil pipe (which I think is solvent weld) comes in from a wall on a 45 degree horizontal,
and runs for 300mm.

I have a new regular Heritage make, close coupled WC.

The distance from the 'open end' of the WC spigot to the wall is 90mm

The distance from the wall to the far side of the soil pipe is 150mm.

MY PROBLEM

The pan connector does not reach the soil pipe.

It would connect if I put the pan connector on the spigot by a "Nat's Whisker".

That is how much it is out, so basically if I pushed the pan connector 'fully home'
the pan connector would be 40-50mm to far forward from the wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have tried various soil bends (well everything at B & Q) and nothing comes close.

I did find the Grey 110mm 0-90Deg Adjustable Bend, but try as I may, I could not
get it so swivel.

It did have printed on it all different angles - so I'm not sure if this was for cutting to shape.

In hindsight I don't think this will work either.

It is not the angle I have a problem with, but the short distance.

I have read not to use flexible pan connectors - if it turns out I cannot get these to marry - will I
be heading for lots of problems if I use flexible?

Just one other point.

I think this 110mm GREY pipe is solvent weld as the "Ring Seal" section does not seem as chunky
BUT I inserted a finned end cap which hasn't caused any problems - would this end cap
of worked if it was solvent weld?

I ask because I know that 32mm & 40mm solvent weld do not push in to push fit fittings.

I would appreciate any help because I have got 7 days left to get this toilet working before the
wife has an operation and will not be able to go upstairs (this toilet is on the ground floor).

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Toolstation 23824 is a swan neck connector that doubles back on itself...maybe of some use?
If not, consider an ordinary 90 deg pan connector coupled to a short flexy - you'll need to reduce the length of the soil pipe a bit though.
Best wishes for your wife's op and swift recovery!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back