Blanks for Spotlight/Downlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hia, hope im in the correct place. I have the spotlights/downlights all over my house instead of the standard single light in the centre of the room. There are 3 over my bed which when the bulbs blow are a pain to reach, plus sometimes when they blow they drop out...not the best in the middle of the night!
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get blanks for these from? if at all?
they are the chrome rings that clip in and hold a normal gu10 bulbs, ive had a quick look on google but thought this might just be easier and result in a better answer! thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
GU10 are bayonet mount I have never had one fall out.

The MR16 lamp of extra low voltage type are pins and normally a spring clip or ring holds the lamp in place. I have seen where this ring is missing and only the pins hold the lamp in place these could of course drop out.

Not all fittings are same size so would not expect to find blanks in the past I have cut my own with a hole saw minus the drill bit using a drill stand to keep everything firm. I also cut strips of plaster board. Step one was glue in strips of plaster board across hole with some plaster. Once set used more plaster to glue in blanks. Using float to finish it all off.

LED and cold cathode lamps are much cooler and if these drop on anything they would not cause a fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back