blazing fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
should we be allowed or even encouraged to have fire's in works yards if we are only burning wood and carboard to save over filling land fill sites :confused:

Sponsored Links
not all wood is worth recycling :( broken or small bits ,it cost more to tip wood than bricks per tonn :confused:

Sponsored Links
its only scrap wood,plus they dont like wood-burning stoves in hi-rise flats :LOL: :confused:

by burning it you are putting the carbon into the air, by brrying it you are putting it into the ground.. where in millions of years we can dig it up again and use it as coal... :)

energy and/or matter can not be destroyed, but can be changed into another form of energy or matter.

the earth is a perpetual boiling pot, re-inventing itself over eons of time.

it matters not whether we burn or bury. the earth and it's atmosphere are both of our dumping grounds.

i'm not sure how much matter is lost in space but it is negligible, after all some alien matter is brought to earth via space.

we as humans will wreak our havoc and then be gone, after which this fertile planet will once again re-invent herself.

its only scrap wood,plus they dont like wood-burning stoves in hi-rise flats :LOL: :confused:

My neighbour burns scrap wood. Being in the replacement window trade he has a good supply, so instead of paying to dispose of his business waste he is using it as free fuel.

If you can't use it, maybe someone else can. Think laterally...

[quote="blondini";p="823978
My neighbour burns scrap wood. Being in the replacement window trade
..[/quote]but it`s all covered with VOC`s paint and LEAD paint :eek: and asbestos from the artex :eek: :eek: and the poisonous particulates are raining down from his chimney into the neighbourhood :eek:

when we and our love-ones die ,should we burn ,bury, or feed them to the pigs :confused: dont want to leave a carbon footprint with all those undertakers and mourners arriving by car:eek:

[quote="blondini";p="823978]
My neighbour burns scrap wood. Being in the replacement window trade
but it`s all covered with VOC`s paint and LEAD paint :eek: and asbestos from the artex :eek: :eek: and the poisonous particulates are raining down from his chimney into the neighbourhood :eek:[/quote]

Absolutely. I'm hoping he will move on...

should we be allowed or even encouraged to have fire's in works yards if we are only burning wood and carboard to save over filling land fill sites :confused:

Would we also be encouraged to gather around, with a few cans, reminiscing the old days into the early hours while roasting half a cow? Would any work get done?

Would I have to move my desk and computer to be around the fire?

What about summertime, or do the matches go back with the clocks?

Would the fire-stoker be a new post, jobshare or would someone have to take on the duties with no extra pay.

Would employees be castigated if they did not have enough paper to contribute?

What about if the company had no yard? An office block with multiple companies per floor in a city centre for instance. How would they contribute?

Would furnaces, kilns and crematoriums be required to light up too?

Its a serious subject and these things have to be considered

Sponsored Links
Back