Bleed a Heatslave II (2) 18/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help, I have a fairly new boiler, only a year old and we've unfortunately run out of oil. It won't fire up after hitting the reset button now that I have some oil, so am assuming it will need bleeding.

I've been going through the instructions, and it seems the bleed valve is behind the right panel of the boiler. Stupid question, how do I get the panel off?! I can get the top and front off fine, but it seems I need to take half the boiler apart just to get to the side panel off to bleed it!? Am I misunderstanding? Is it simpler than I'm making it?

Documentation for the boiler here... https://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/wcsst...i/on/Worcester_Heatslave II _Installation.pdf

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Once the front panel
Is off you can see the burner at the bottom right ( the red unit )Remove the 2 screws holding the red cover on. Then on the left you will see a 3 inch long hexagonal bolt with an Allen key in the end. This is the bleed point for the oil

Sponsored Links
Be careful have some cloth you may spill a lot of oil and don't press reset too many times or you could end up needing a new oil pump.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back