bleeding radiators problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone out there can assist!!

My bathroom radiator is cold half way down - the problem is that the bleed valve has broken. There is still a portion of the valve in the radiator stopping water/air getting out.

So my question is how do I get air out of the radiator in another way????

Many Thanks
MJ

Sponsored Links
Does your radiator have a chrome fitting at the top on each end or is it a roundtop radiator.

There are no chrome fittings at the top of the radiator. It has pipes coming out of the floor at each side. Not sure what you mean about roundtop.

This radiator is only about 2 years old. (if that helps)

Sponsored Links
If there r no chrome fittings at each end of the top sides then u have gota real problem . new rad im afraid. Theres only two main types of rad. seam top rads & round top. seam top have a nasty joint at the top but most have grilles top & side to cover this up. Round top the metal is bent over to form a smooth rounded top but with welded in vents, U need to get a quote 4 a new rad & they should confirm this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back