Blinds for windows in conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We're having the old draughty doors and lower windows replaced (in the attached photo). New doors and lower windows will have integrated blinds.

We're keeping the angled windows in the roof though...
So what are the options for us installing blinds in the angled windows in the roof? Is there an off-the-shelf option, or will I have to pay through the nose!?

Not bothered about it being manual rather than electric.

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_115918226_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200805_115918226_HDR.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 226
Sponsored Links
On mine, I bought cane type blinds that roll up. I sewed little rings in 2 rows along each blind and trimmed it to the width of the roof panel.
I then ran two lines or wire rope down each roof panel and fixed the blinds using the rings.

Basically the blinds slide up and down the tensioned wire, one slides up, one down, they catch in the middle with a couple of magnets and hold together

If I was doing it again, maybe aluminium extrusions on each side of the rafters might be better, with rods between them, in a Roman Blind style? At present, the wires need tightening

If your good with a sewing machine I've seen instances where customers have bought cheap material and some canes and made static blinds that drape underneath, looked ok and for only a couple hundred quid in materials for what was quite a large lean to connservatory and then at the other end of the scale I've seen Thomas Sanderson remote control blinds that slide up and down on tensioned wire but they cost thousands, probably as much as the whole roof did originally

Sponsored Links
Cheers, some of these solutions are really interesting.

I did think about the film, but the reduction in light (particularly in cooler months) is something we definitely don't want (the light makes the room, essentially).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back