Blistering paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently plastered a friends kitchen. It was over extremely thick artex so took a few coats. It appears that he's painted them before the plaster has fully dried so the paint blistered and flaked. He then pva'd the wall and tried again. Again blistering.

Q1. Is there an easy solution as in magic stuff to paint on to sort it out. OR
Q2. Is it possible to overskim again and then follow the correct procedure when the plaster dries. If this is ok do you still pva the wall.

ps only one wall has the blistering

+++++
I have deleted your duplicate post.

Mod Rupert
+++++

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
What type and make of paint is on the surface ?

I dont know. Ihave since looked on the net and know of Micropourus paint. I really need to know if it's ok to re-skim over blistered paint or if the wall needs sanding back.

P.s Three walls were fine it's only one wall so it's just trapped moisture.

What i would do is dry scrape all loose/bubbled paint and then apply a coat of Thistle Bond-it and leave to dry for 24 hours and then re-plaster the one wall. In other words, some Pro-Platerers have told me that when Thislte Bond-it is applied over blistering/loose paint then the Thistle Bond-it stops the paint from re-blistering. So give it a try.

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
What i would do is dry scrape all loose/bubbled paint and then apply a coat of Thistle Bond-it and leave to dry for 24 hours and then re-plaster the one wall. In other words, some Pro-Platerers have told me that when Thislte Bond-it is applied over blistering/loose paint then the Thistle Bond-it stops the paint from re-blistering. So give it a try.

Ok third eye.

Cheers for your time and help, I'll give it a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back