Block up an existing internal window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a window in my hallway that goes through to my living room. I want to remove the glass and block the opening up, is it ok just to plasterboard it up?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you're leaving the (presumably) timber frame in then yes, crack on. TBH you could leave the glass in, makes no odds. Fill the gap with something though (reduce noise & heat leakage)

how much light do you think it may be giving, i would put some cardboard over the window - just to see what light that may change.
I added a cupboard across an internal window, and checked before just what a difference the loss of light would make.

Remove the glass for when you come to put some pictures up later.

Don't forget to cut the cill off. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Glass removed and blocked up now. Surprised at how bigger my hallway looks without the glass. Not much difference light wise and was a very good point you made ETAF as I hadn't thought to cover over it up to check lighting levels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back