Blocked 8mm Mirco Bore

UPDATE

Over the weekend I removed all of my radiators one at a time, took them outside and blasted them through with a hose pipe, this seemed to remove a lot of sludge from the system.
While I had the radiator with the blocked pipe off I opened the valve to see how much flow came out of the tails. This revealed that it is the inlet (not the outlet as I previously though) which is blocked, there was only a very slow flow. This discounts my theory that I had dragged the sludge out of the radiator and into the outlet pipe.
I then added some X400 sludge remover into the system with the hope of clearing the blocked pipe. Unfortunately this seems to have had the opposite effect and now the pipe appears to be completely block with no flow at all.
I also isolated all the other radiators and ran the pump on full speed to try to clear the blockage with the pump pressure but this also didn't work.
I think the next plan will be to take the manifold apart to see if I can see anything in there although that will have to be a weekend job.
Cheers for all your help.

Sponsored Links
If you flush the system with mains pressure water (as I suggested before) you can run it in the reverse diection and so clear your blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back