Blocked Bath waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Wondered if any one could help before calling out a plumber.

Back in August i tiled the bathroom and like a wally cleaned my trowel in the bath. I then went to sea for a couple of months, leaving the missus with a very very slow draining bath. Ive come back and had a load of ear ache. So the first thing i tried was caustic soda. This hasnt worked. I'm about to try the plunger, but im thinking that the reason for the blockage might be a mixture of tile adhesive and hair.

The bath is an old enamel one, and the pipes/waste are really old metal, so taking the waste apart will probably prove to be very labour intensive. Im not sure though, as ive only looked at the pipes not, tried unscrewing them.

Any thoughts welcome!!

Sponsored Links
If you have used a water proof adhesive/grout, I would say you need to replace the pipes, it may have only blocked the U bend. I think a plumber would just replace.
I think you have 2 choices, put up with the slow draining or have a go at removing the waste pipe & replacing, if you F up, then call your plumber & let him finish it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back