BLOCKED DRAIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,getting a extension built on to the rear of my house, had to lift manhole and noticed something very odd, all the sewage is coming out of the breather pipe i flushed the toilet and the paper comes out thought the breather pipe and a small amount of water comes out the toilet sewer pipe i am not exactly sure how its piped from the toilet to my manhole
i live in a semi detached bungalow and manhole is situated 15 inches away from my bathroom it seems i have blockage but dont know how pipework is inter connected to breather pipe can anyone give me any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
no manhole is completely clear but have just noticed that when you flush the toilet with paper.the paper lies against the side of manhole and i think after a while when it builds up it falls into the sewer pipe thats runs to the main road i know over the few years the that our neighbour has has problems with blockages we use a shared sewer so it could have been building up on my side and when his has blocked it was due to toilet paper builing up in my manhole

Sponsored Links
If your man holes clear and water is draining quite happily through you soil stack / breather pipe from your loo, then it doesn't seem to be blocked. Its quite normal for a little toilet paper to sit against the sewage pipe, so long as its not snagging on anything and building up. Try flushing your loo and pouring a bucket of warm water down the loo as well and see if plenty of water comes out through the man hole. If you think you have a blockage beyond your drains the contact the council. If sewage is building up try a hose pipe on it to see if it clears the just keep an eye on it...hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back