Blocked Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Here is my predicament, i have had blockage problems with my drain for a while now and dug it all up at the weekend to find out that an old clay t-piece had broken.

Cut the old pipe out and inserted my drain rods through the remaining old pipe, all seemed to be ok the rods went through about 7 feet, no probs i thought.

Then I replaced the pipework with new as per pic
View media item 12441went out today to check all was ok and the manhole is half full with water, presuming i still have a blockage.

Anglian water are not interested as apparantly it is my drain and not theres, im not flush with cash so can anyone suggest anything that may help me clear the blockage ???

Regards
Stan.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Ideally you will need to trace the drain downstream of the point shown and locate the next manhole. Assuming this is clear then the problem lies between there and your excavation. Rodding 7 feet will not show a problem if the blockage lies further downstream. Its possible a piece of the old clayware or other detritus has lodged along the pipe.

Not a pleasant task but (assuming you haven't backfilled yet!), I would remove the new section, bail out as much water as possible and then rod downstream, ideally as far as next manhole. (It would also be advisable to try and catch any possible large detritus that may get pushed through before it causes further issues downstream!)

Personally I would be inclined to fit a plastic inspection chamber in lieu of the 'T', I am unsure as to how easily rods would get round the bends into the down stream section should future need arise.

If you won't pay for it to be jetted try feeding a hose pipe down the line and turning on water to see if you cn clear it that way,,,,

Sponsored Links
If you have a high pressure water washer, several brands sell a drain clearing attachment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back