Blocked drains/ bad smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have been renovating for several months and have had new bathroom with tiled floors etc all finished. i had floorboards up in adjacent room and noticed a damp patch in the ground near the toilet area and a bit of a smell ( sewer smell) Studiply i ignored the problem and thought/hoped it would go, laid back all the floorboard and skirting. The smell is now getting worse and the toilet has just got blocked - this has been ongoing for a couple of months. i wonder if there is crack in the soil pipe around where i saw the damp. do i need a cctv survey or should i buy some rods to unblock?

Please help it pongs?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Why pay for a CCTV survey to tell you what you already know? The soil pipe/drain is leaking and needs to be repaired. DIY or get someone in. Or just hope it will go away?

CCTV survey in LONDON :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: are you made of money, throw some my way, I`ll travel upFix it and lodge overnite,and give you change from what you would pay *******rod just to have a play for a couple of hours. ;)

your right but how do we know where the break is without putting a camera up the soil pipe.

Sponsored Links
Dig down till you find it. Should be near damp patch. Also shine torch down inside of pipe. It's not rocket science.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back