Blocked Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Biasi Boiler (Riva Compact) has decided to go "all hot and cold" on us when pouring a bath. Central Heating works fine. My mate said it's probably a blockage in the Heat Exchanger.

My question is:
1. Considering I replaced a pump in another combi boiler last summer, will I be competent enough to fit a new Heat Exchanger?
2. Will this bottle of CalChem (new stuff, all-in-one variety apparently)
work to help the blockage? I tried putting it into the system two days ago and found it SO Bloody hard to get it into the radiator because of the strange shape the inlet part is.

Cheers in advance.
The Pimpernel
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Would be better to just change the plate heat exchanger.

If you managed to do the pump then you should be ok doing the heat exch. Just remember to isolate the cold main as well!

Changing the plate exchanger will only help for a while and then it will be full of carp again. If you get the system powerflushed, both problems will be solved

Thanks for that.

Not sure what the "plate heat exchanger" is, but I guess all will become clear when I open up.

SP

Sponsored Links
Changing the plate exchanger will only help for a while and then it will be full of carp again. If you get the system powerflushed, both problems will be solved

I took a heat x out last week it was full of cod,bit fishy that :LOL:

I took a heat x out last week it was full of cod,bit fishy that :LOL:

try eating some cod, then eat some carp. compare the 2 and tell me what is worse.
me, i hate carp.

:LOL: :LOL:

I like cod but its too expensive now.

Mackerel is more tasty and affordable.

I charge about 136 mackerel to replace the plate HE including a service!

Tony

The weirdest things happened! Last night I dreamed that I opened-up the boiler, then loads of guppies spilled-out upon the floor and caused a surreal fishy pool of colourful motion around my feet. Then warmth descended upon the house and I felt my actions had brought on the hot water we'd been hoping for. Sadly, then I awoke, only to find that I'd pee'd the bed and my girlfriend was screaming at me to get out!

...Okay, Tony. I'd love you to come fix my boiler. I did speak to you on the phone before Christmas and you'd said you come: but I guess a Festive tipple must have stood between you and my door?

Would love to see you appear holding a plumbers badge and "I can fix it expression" Please call me. Mr Marks (Priory Ave. Crouch End)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back