Blocked Manifold?

.......... Come back in the spring, and give us an update then.
Well, spring is sprung and we've endured the beast from the east and I'd like to report that we stayed toasty right through the winter. This is the first winter in this house that we haven't had a central heating breakdown and I'm informed by the family that the house is warm all through with no cold spots.

The only thing I've had to do is a give a couple of tweaks to the lockshields of a rad or two that were screwed down to being just cracked open. They started to not get fully hot so I opened them all the way to 'blast them through' so to speak then put them back to practically where they were. Job done.

Thanks again for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
An old post but manifolds can gradually block up and reduce water flow,this is a prime example courtesy of bernardgreen :mrgreen::mrgreen:

linear manifold_1.jpg

Thanks again for the advice guys. Much appreciated.
Thanks for the update, unfortunately doggit has left the site, but it's great that you have been toasty and I'm sure he'd be glad if he comes back(y)

An old post but manifolds can gradually block up and reduce water flow,this is a prime example courtesy of bernardgreen :mrgreen::mrgreen:

View attachment 139551
Thankfully my 'blocked manifold' was a wrong diagnosis and my CH problems were down to poorly balanced radiators as diagnosed by the helpful members of this forum (y)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the update, unfortunately doggit has left the site, but it's great that you have been toasty and I'm sure he'd be glad if he comes back(y)
Thanks for the info, John. Sorry to hear Doggit has left but perhaps he's looking-in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back