Blocked Sinks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been out to a job today and both sinks have a very slow draining blockage. Its was a double sink, when I ran the tap in one the other filled up. So I stripped down the waste pipework underneath. nothing unusual. got rid of a load of waste material. nothing substantial to block drain. tried again and sink doing the same thing. I then thought it was outside. Went into conservatory where the waste come out. I am met with a swept Tee facing the correct way up with an access cap on (solvent welded in). I remove the screwed access cap and the water emptied from the sink straight away. Am I right in assuming I need to get a anti syphon and fit it to the top of the Tee? Issues I think I have: The person who fitted it did not sleeve the waste through the wall so I cant move it because they have cemented the tee in the wall. also if im right about the syphon, how do I remove the solvent welded access cap to fit the syphon or can I get a screw on one?. oh its 40mm pipe.

Sponsored Links
What you did was vent an airlock. There's a blockage further down, Suggest you try "professional" nasty drain cleaner, or rod it.

id agree with chris mate sounds like theres sumthink further down blocking it did the water come out the access cap or did it run down the pipe to the drain ?

Sponsored Links
if its flowing fine? were dose the waste pipe run to does it go to a grid or main drain concrete in?

its concreted in. I beleve it was to a outside drain before the conservetory was built. but it now flows under concrete..

Leave the tap running with the screw cap off, as crashndie said does the water disappear down to the drain or overflow out the rodding eye? It wont back up into the sink if its escaping elsewhere.

In answer to your question, you cant remove the rodding eye.... Solvent welded waste is permanent once its glued! Only option is to replace the pipe. If you use solvent weld, assemble it dry, check the fit before gluing... It bond in seconds and you wont move it after that....

Strange one..... It obviously going somewhere, question is where! However, anti vac will only let air in, stops the trap being sucked out when another appliance is discharged on the same pipe, so I dont think this would help... Removing the cap may be allowing the air otherwise trapped in the pipe to escape as its displaced by the water, but if the same water is getting away and not overflowing it beggars the question why doesnt it when the cap is on... Im baffled. :confused:

4 inch Drain is blocked ... don`t be baffled ..It`s one I`ve seen before :LOL: I was a Newbie Plumber ...in 1970 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back