Blocked toilet

Pete/Andy, thanks combo of your advice & its finally done the trick yay!! I'm not exactly experienced with plumbing and plungers etc, my dept is the human body and fixing it!
Taken on board what everyone has said and learnt for future; John, I'll be getting a power plunger just in case! Thanks again guys, success

Sponsored Links
Just a thought, you don't use wet wipes for anything do you? These things are often labelled 'flushable', they are insofar as they'll go round the U bend, but that's where it stops. They don't break down, can bind together and cause major issues in the drainage system. (Need banning!)

I think the Toilet Duck Fireman T was referring to is the 'rib block' type that hangs in the flushing water. These can get dislodged, and then get stuck round the U bend, obviously soon starts causing a problem then.

Glad you've got it sorted though, nice one.

Hi Hugh, I never use anything except proper loo roll; I heard about probs with the so called flushable wipes so don't touch them; ditto kitchen paper etc, basically if it's not loo roll or biological waste it doesn't go in the loo I used to live somewhere with a cess pitt for years so had to be ultra careful, 2nd nature now. Bathroom bin for all else.
Now I get the toilet duck comment, I'll be careful that doesn't happen but so far so good. Thx again

If it blocks again, get as big a bucket filled with water you can carry. Pour it down the pan from as high as you can. I use this method 99% of the time it works (unless main drains blocked). Never want to get other peoples poo on my gear ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Hugh, I never use anything except proper loo roll; I heard about probs with the so called flushable wipes so don't touch them; ditto kitchen paper etc, basically if it's not loo roll or biological waste it doesn't go in the loo I used to live somewhere with a cess pitt for years so had to be ultra careful, 2nd nature now. Bathroom bin for all else.
Now I get the toilet duck comment, I'll be careful that doesn't happen but so far so good. Thx again

You're a breath of fresh air Kerry, I work for a water Company and the aggro we have with wipes is beyond belief. People simply either do not care, or are blissfully unaware of the havoc they cause in the system and the cost of putting that right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back