blocking gas fire vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have a Baxi back boiler with a gas fire in our lounge. There is an air vent below the windows in the bay. We've had our boiler serviced recently and everything seems to adhere to regulations.

We are getting some new curtains for the bay windows. My wife wants full length curtains, which will loosely cover the air vent. Is this a problem? Will it restrict the flow of air? Will it be against regulations?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
This ought to be in the PLUMBING and CENTRAL HEATING section as you will get a definitive answer there. However, I also have a baxi back boiler and an air vent below my window. It is very ugly so I decided to fit a metal vent cover which looked a lot nicer. The cover is slotted and allows air through so I thought it would be okay. However, when the gas engineer came to service it, he said I had to remove the vent cover as it prevented airflow and was against regs.

Don't know if curtains will be in the same category but well worth re-posting in the section mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back