Blocks + Bricks Bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

If I have some courses of blocks using 100mm block on the corners to get the bonding to work and then will put a row of bricks on the last course, what is the best way to get the bonding working for the bricks?

The only way I can come up with is to use half a brick across the 100mm block cuts, but obviously the first course of bricks will have 1 vertical joint between the brick and blocks, is that the way of doing it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
He's worried about staggering joints when he does his first brick course above the blocks. Not bonding to existing wall or anything.

It took me three attempts.

Is it face work or covered? If it's face work you would have to cut a 3/4 to or 1/4 closure to avoid a straight joint if it's what I think you're talking about.
If it's not just one course of bricks, but for an extension and coming off the footings I wouldn't worry about one straight joint, just set out your face work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Stuart. It's for a conservatory and will be rendered. It's only one course of bricks left to get to dpc level as I'm using blocks below and later on I will use two courses of bricks to get to a 600mm height for a dwarf wall.

So will have the same thing again.

Sorry all if I wasn't clear enough!

Cheers guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back