Blotchy Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently painted a room. Unfortunately for some reson some of the paint is quite blotchy. It looks as if it hasn't dried or something.

I gave the whole room a coat of paint which looked to have gone on and dried fine, then the following day I gave it another coat as the old paint was quite a dark blue, and it didn't quite cover with one coat.

The room is part of a timber framed building, and the walls are plywood. The worst affected wall is an internal wall, and I'm certain there's no damp.

The paint was dulux trade vinyl emulsion, and has gone onto two of the walls perfectly. The room is warm and well ventilated, and I've given it a week to see if it just needed to dry out, but it hasn't changed at all.

What have I done wrong?

There's a couple of pics here:

e9529bf0.jpg

db16d097.jpg

e28766cc.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could try coating the wall with a oil based undercoat. This may seal the stains before coating with your emulsion. Or another product you could try would be something like zinsser BIN. Looks like there is staining coming through. When you apply the emulsion it is simply reactivateing the stains and bleeding through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back