blow off valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my sister boiler and pipes froze over xmas and she has had another fitted through the insurance, the installer did not fill out the book for the boiler or register it with corgi, is this serious?

the other thing, a friend inspected it and said her blow of valve outside is wrong and unsafe it is about 3-4 ft off the ground and pointing straight out to the garden, people have said it needs either a u bend or to be put into the drain to prevent anyone getting scolded

is he right?, is it legal?

thanks for any help
tom

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the legality - I'm not a plumber. But having a blow off valve (potentially) shoot in the side of your face isn't at all clever. For the sake of 50p or so, an extra angled bit of tubing could be added. Shocked it wasn't tbh.

i know gas safe is what to look for but i thought it was still corgi you registered with?

tom

Sponsored Links
The GasSafe register is now the governing body.Corgi is now only a dog.
You PRV outlet should point back to the wall or an elbow fitted and pipe extended to 150mm above ground.

ok thanks for the help,
should he have registered the boiler aswell when he installed it?
tom m

I don't do installs but I believe as part of his paperwork he should advise within 30 days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back