blown plaster on brickwork plasterboarding over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anybody can help
I am redoing my bathroom and after removing the old tiles the the plaster was in a fairly bad way , I pulled out the blown plaster and patch repaired the whole wall with about 4mm of two in one plaster as I am going to tile over
Its been four weeks and the plaster is dry but on taping it I have identified 2 areas that are sounding hollow , I wish now that I had just ripped it all down and plaster boarded
I have 3 ideas to fix it but wanted some advice first

1 just tile and hope for the best as the rest of the wall is fine
2 fix mr plasterboard up with scews drilling through the plaster into the brickwork to get a solid fixing
3 rip it all down and dot and dab mr plasterboard

There is only a bath going in there im thinking the 2 idea is going to be the best to save on time and work but to still have a strong enough base to tile

any advice would be brillitant

cheers

Sponsored Links
When you ripped the plaster off the wall did you seal the brickwork (paint it with a mix of pva and water)?
I'd do it right, it'll only come back to haunt you! And the easiest way to be happy in my opinion would be to rip it all down and board. If there is a shower over the bath are you using cement board?

There's not going to be a shower in the room so mr plasterboard will be ok, I brushed all the loose plaster wetted it down and then just patched it up kicking myself that I didn't find the other blown bits till now ,the rest of the plaster is really solid , ive been looking into hammer fixings as a possible solution so I can get a good fixing on the brickwork , I really want to find a solution to avoid ripping it all down if possible , I will be priming with acyclic primer and using bagged adhesive on the plasterboard just need a solid fixing to the brickwork somehow

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back