blue emulsion paint spilled all over 20 stairs carpet ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
!!!!Can someone told me if my carpet could be cleaner and back as it was before the emulsion spealling!!!
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a £60k content insurance but they treat this as an incident claim and I don't have a incident insurance so not cover.
cheers

you want to clean the carpet off spilled emulsion paint!!!!

you need to scrape up as much as possible
lay a thick dust sheet on top roll the carpet back scrape up any underneath lay a bit off plastic ontop off the underlay with a thick dust sheet/old towel

roll the carpet back flat and try removing the paint with a sponge wet the area then hoover with your wet and dry cleaner keep repeating this prosess untill clean place a new thick dust sheet/towel on top then roll back and repeat underneath
replace the towel/sheet underneath roll out flat again and wet and remove any more traces

or if you are fully insured pay the excess and claim :D

Sponsored Links
I have a £60k content insurance but they treat this as an incident claim and I don't have a incident insurance so not cover.
cheers
Always pays to read the small print on cheap insurance, especially quotes from “on line” price comparison sites; they keep the premiums low by exclusions & restricting cover. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may also find that £60k contents is nowhere near enough; list all your contents & their replacement value on a spread sheet, many will be in for a shock! ;)

Theres no point in crying over spilt silk...... :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back